Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lullabies for little criminal

The book about Baby and her father Jules shows how a 13 year old girl grows up into big girl and go along with alot of temptations. Her father is addicted to heroin and Baby eventually uses the drug.
It is my first time to read a novel , I like it but it has so much ((Details ))

i somehow find it to be extremely deep and moving...baby manages to hold her childhood...I really would like to meet her...and know more about her and her life :D i really don’t feel sorry for Baby...she knows the good comes with the bad and things will always be good again and she understands that a good story can only come from experience and an imagination...

8 comments:

  1. Interesting observations about the book but can you also share with us which phase or phases of the project you preferred and why?

    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if i undrestand your Question...
    But the most beautiful phrase which shown the powerful word that i found my self caught with while reading... like when she describe baby crying the the bathroom floor and how the feeling is simply gone.

    i like when she describe how she feel so proud when she go to school with a black eyes and show her friend ...

    the Most thing i like that while reading the story she kept always calling her father Jules except for one time she called him Dad

    I wish this is what you was asking for lili :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esraa,

    Your analysis of why you liked the book is very interesting.

    What I was asking is which phase of the project as a whole did you enjoy and/or learn the most from:

    the reading and discussion phase? or writing the review, or presenting the review to your classmates/and listening to their reviews?

    So perhaps you are saying to me that the phase you enjoyed or learned the most is the first phase, which is reading the novel for the reasons above?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh sorry lili it took me forever to undrestand your Question :D
    I actually like them all it was a new thing for me..

    I like that fact that we read the novel in one week...i enjoyed reading the novel in different places i read in the library, second cup, beside the river i even read in the METROO !!! UNBELIEVABLE.... I used to see people doing that all the time didnt expect i will do the same one day :D

    As i wrote to bellin, the discussion phrase was a very useful one. In sometimes i read 2 chapters and i keep reading although i didnt get a spicefic part but the next day while discussing with the rest of the group they clarify it to me so it was really intresting...

    writing the review..Was good too..I used to read movies reviews and books as well but never write any , and this writing was intresting because i really wrote my own opinion for a book for the first time..

    presenting the review to the class was a motivating thing , because i really dont like persentations...But i did this one with joy
    i really was so exciting to present and tell the rest of the class the story and my feedback..

    I like this project as a whole, and i would do it again if you ask me to because its really useful :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was confused about the same question, but when i read lili's comment i understand it.

    esraa, you are unbelievable you reading everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with Esraa. A good story only can come from experience. She has a cruel childhood, but on the other hand it helps her to adapt the society faster than average kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, this presentation was also cool. It was just for fun and sharing what we had with other classmates, not for the grade with boring stuff what I did in my university.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a good novel is from ecpriences, but also hiher than the real life. That why people like to read novels. We can find something similar with our life in the book, and find some suggestions.
    Also, writing review is a good way to organize my ideas and analysisabout the book.

    ReplyDelete