I dont want to sound odd, But i'm not pro nor con. Everything has its good and bad.
Personally i see that skyscapers destroy the space of old architecture this affect may become more serious in ancient towns or citities which have many cultural history. there is also a danger for people who live or work in skyscapers, that is terrorism. Skyscapers have became targets for terrorists. The 11th September attack still is in mind of many people and recall us one of the most horrible disasters of the US.
On the other hand its good because of the growth of population. Each person will have limited space after all. If we have the super high skyscrapers, we can put different service facilities inside the buildings, which can save a lot of space on the land. Moreover these service facilities in the building can bring people convenience.
As look you are in mid. I would like add something. there is a strict law about old buildings. People can not build new and modern buildings close to old and ancient buldings. zoning low never let them do that. all the government's aim is prserving their culture.
ReplyDeletegenrally, I totally agree with the both sides of this building.
I agree with some that you mentioned earlier but, some of the cities, they have to build skyscrapers such as, china, japan and india because of the population.
ReplyDeleteAre you a fence sitter, Esraa? :P
ReplyDeleteOf course there are both sides but I hope there are less skyscrapers because it causes a lot of problems for me, even though I live there! Traffic congestion, no sunshine around it, and so on.